Temperate fruits and other fruits
This is the starting page for temperate fruits and other fruits. These are the fruits that are note included in the website about tropical fruits. Most of these fruits originate in regions with a temperate climate, but some are also found in the cooler areas in the tropics (hills, mountains).
Click on the links or on the photos below. For each fruit there is a separate page with an introduction, some basic information, a number of photos, and sometimes one or more recipes. Some pages are not complete yet, this is a work in progress.
Have a look at some fruity proverbs and quotes.
Here are a few proverbs and quotes about fruit. See also my complete collection of fruit proverbs and quotes.
- Forbidden fruit is sweetest.
- Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.
- The oldest trees often bear the sweetest fruit.
- A tree is known by its fruit.
- A good tree brings forth good fruit.
- He that would eat the fruit must climb the tree.
- To eat the bitter fruit of one's own doings.
- Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, but its fruit is very sweet.
- The trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.
- It is only the fruit-laden tree that receives the shower of stones from passersby.
- Pick your friends like you pick your fruit.
- If you would enjoy the fruit, pluck not the flower.